The Reala Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cornsilk's Journal

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Cornsilk's Journal - Page 7 Empty Re: Cornsilk's Journal

Post  Cornsilk Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:28 am

There may be snow on the ground, but I have spring fever!
I'm feeling the urge to workout, and prepare for this year's gardens and hiking.

And with my new hiking pole with its camera attachment, I can take all of you along with me!

I'm also a member of Fitocracy, so if anyone signs up, you can track my workouts there. I don't do big workouts, though. Just enough to strengthen certain muscles. I'm not a vain person...

If anyone else is ready for getting in shape, or for seeing spring come at last, feel free to make a new thread in the Off Topic section for it!
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

https://therealashow.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:18 pm

Well that was a pretty big slap in the face. NiGHTS and Reala get comments about the St Patricks Day video, but there's not a single word for me, the person making it.

I've been going out in very cold and wet weather, slipping and nearly falling into streams, climbing trees and boulders, and straining my voice to be heard over the elements. I sprained my calf muscle pretty badly when I tried to keep my camera from falling and getting wet.
And none of that effort is even appreciated.

I do this show for you. I don't get anything out of it. Nobody pays me, i don't even get a silly thank you.
But a little recognition wouldn't kill any of you, and would keep me motivated enough to continue filming.

But this last post pretty much sums up how I imagine everyone feels.
Maybe I should scrap the Not So Special. I don't much feel like going back out in the freezing cold woods if I'm just going to be brushed aside for my trouble...
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:55 am

I'm going to be in Princeton today for Communiversity!
If anyone's in the area, be sure to head that way, it's going to be lots of fun!
Becky's coming, too. Smile
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Sun May 18, 2014 8:34 pm

I'm a little slow lately because my room is about to be painted. I chose my colors today - big surprise, I went with a cornsilk yellow!
You'll be seeing that in future videos.

I attended a showing of the newest Sourland Mountains documentary and afterwards we discussed how best to conserve the native plants and habitats so that the largest connected forest in the country (Yes, that's right!) remains as intact as possible.

One point I want to address is hunting - there was a woman at the meeting who became almost sickened when we got to the subject of protecting baby trees by controlling the out of control deer population.
Many people are against the idea of hunting without knowing what it is.
I am training with my bow in the hopes of hunting, not because I want to kill something or because I want a trophy - in fact, when I hunt I will be targeting does.
Hunters are a very environmentally conscious group. Hunting is about keeping the deer population healthy. We don't want to kill them off, far from it!

Those against hunting often ignore the fact that we have removed the natural predators such as cougars and wolves, and as a result the deer population is wildly out of control, and unable to sustain itself.
Deer are starving because there is not enough food around, that is why they are destroying the new growth that the woods need in order to continue to be here.
Deer are pushed out further and further in search of food and a place to sleep, and that is why car accidents are so common.
Just driving home tonight, I saw six deer, two of which were standing directly in the road.
Deer should be an uncommon sighting, and not seen at all around human habitats.
The fact that they are seen is proof of their overpopulation.

I don't want to see deer dying or being sickened or injured because of starvation or being struck by cars.
I don't want to see the woods die out and leave the deer and other animals without a home.
That is why conservation is important, and why a controlled deer cull is part of that.

I hope that I've made my point.
The hunter who shot Bambi's mom was not a hunter at all, but a poacher. It is illegal to shoot a doe out of season.
So please educate your friends and help stop the hunter hate.
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:45 am

Hey all, you've probably wondered where I've been the past several days.

If you are easily upset, please stop reading now.

On Friday afternoon, I went out with my stepdad Mike to drive to the supermarket. We never made it.
While waiting to turn, the car behind us failed to slow down and rear ended us, hard enough that we were pushed into the oncoming lane and a second car crashed into my side.

I'm okay, don't worry! Somehow i came out of it with only lacerated knees and some deep bruises, especially where the seatbelt cut into me.

But needless to say I have been in a decent amount of pain, and staying in bed a lot as a result.
I'm finally starting to feel up to moving around with the help of my walking stick, but my leg is very badly bruised and swollen, so I'm just not getting out except to check on my chickens briefly.

So that is why I have no been online. I am however keeping up with emails and facebook conversations via my iphone.
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:13 am

Not that anyone's here to read or anything,

but I'm starting to do better. I'm more mobile, and hoping I can get back to filming soon.

Come on people, you can't all vacate the forum just because the admin got hit by a car! That's not fair!
I hope that everyone has a good reason. (Spyn, TJ, I know you do).
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:51 pm

The newest member can't seem to grasp the fact that her fan pairing is not a thing anywhere other than her own imagination, and doesn't seem to have read the forum rules.  

Read the forum rules, everyone!  They are there for a reason!

Especially this one rule:
4. The Nightmaren Here Are Not Human!
Say it with me now, Nightmaren are Not Human!  They don't need to eat, sleep, brush their teeth, go to the little maren's room, or any of those physical needs.  They can do some physical things like eating, but they do not need to.  Likewise, they're not interested in dating and such.  That is a physical want and as stated above, Nightmaren are not physical.  
The Nightmaren are in essence, chaotic nightmares given form and as such, should be treated with caution.  Silk is not responsible for any maimings or hurt feelings arising from members carelessly forgetting the Nightmarens' basic nature...
Do you freak out because your cat won't hold a knife and fork to eat?  Then you shouldn't throw a fit because NiGHTS and Reala aren't in love, either.  Seriously, why does that even need to be said?

This person has been pushing her NxR nonsense on me on the forum, and on youtube to the point of spamming.  
This is not acceptable!  And she has earned one strike for doing it.  Two more and she's banned!

Keep your fanfic ideas to yourself, and either accept TRS as it is, or stop watching.  Because you clearly don't know what the series is about.

Edit: Make that two strikes, for spamming even after being warned.
One more and she's banned!
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7