The Reala Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Aspergian Artisan's Fanart (or at least attempt at it)

+2
TRS Reala
MidnightDragoon
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An Aspergian Artisan's Fanart (or at least attempt at it) Empty An Aspergian Artisan's Fanart (or at least attempt at it)

Post  MidnightDragoon Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:31 pm

Hello, and welcome to my fanart thread. Here's where I'll be posting fanart relating to or based off of one of my favorite shows of all time (ultra-obvious when you think about it).

Okay, here's the pumpkin I did for the 2010 Halloween season, which SiLK gave me this idea to do. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to complete, had to use quite a bit of precision (not very easy to do when the carving knives you got from a kit were thicker than what was needed), and it had to have a few readjustments to it so that it was a little easier to see (something was blocking the light from the holes). During this process I ended up talking about TRS with 3 different members of my family (2 I live with (grandma and (younger-than-me) uncle, the other one (great aunt) is my neighbor XD). Unfortunately, I only had one slightly good image that I had gotten and had to edit it in Photoshop Elements 7, since my digital camera wasn't too good at taking pics in dark places.

Here's the image of it during the nighttime:
https://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab299/MidnightDragoon/Fanart%20for%20Shows%20MD%20Likes/?action=view&current=Reala-Show-Pumpkin.jpg
and
here's the pic of it during the day:
https://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab299/MidnightDragoon/Fanart%20for%20Shows%20MD%20Likes/?action=view&current=TRS-Pumpkin-Daylight.jpg

Here's the pic that I was doing for the NID Anniversary's special. Unfortunately, I had a lot of things going on in real life that I couldn't get the pic done in time. The style used in the coloring involves using cell shading (a technique used by magnakas in their artwork), so sorry if the colors are lighter than what they ought to be. I also took this pic with a different camera than the one used for the pumpkins (due to my brother losing my older camera >_<). This is my first attempt at drawing Reala on a piece of paper (the irony here is that I can draw a few of the other Nightmaren without much references, but I never gotten the chance to draw Reala much at all)].

Finalized Image:
https://2img.net/h/i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab299/MidnightDragoon/Fanart%20for%20Shows%20MD%20Likes/TRS-NIDReala-Final.jpg

Last edited by MidnightDragoon on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 am; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : switched out WIPs with final image)
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

An Aspergian Artisan's Fanart (or at least attempt at it) Empty Re: An Aspergian Artisan's Fanart (or at least attempt at it)

Post  TRS Reala Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:45 pm

MidnightDragoon wrote:Here's the image

Hm, well I can identify my head and some of the lettering. Your error was using a knife from a kit, but then, Silk uses an exacto-knife for detailing.
If you put the blade in at an angle and saw away and the excess inner flesh, it will allow more light to shine through.
I know because I slashed at my pumpkin until it looked right.

All in all, you did well. Take a picture with the lights on, will you?
TRS Reala
TRS Reala
Admin

Back to top Go down

An Aspergian Artisan's Fanart (or at least attempt at it) Empty Re: An Aspergian Artisan's Fanart (or at least attempt at it)

Post  MidnightDragoon Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:49 pm

Thanks, and sure, Reala. I'll have to take the picture in the morning, though, since it's really late where I am.
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  TRS Reala Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:56 pm

It is late for most humans in the country right now. Really, why are you people awake? This hour is for Nightmaren!!
TRS Reala
TRS Reala
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightDragoon Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:24 am

Okay, added the image of the pumpkin during the day.
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:35 am

That looks great!
Next time though, I'd enlarge the pattern if you're using a big pumpkin. It looks best if it covers the pumpkin face. Smile
Just open the stencil in any art program and enlarge it until you think it's big enough to fit your pumpkin. Since they're all different shapes and sizes, it's up to you how big to make it.

It really came out nicely though, would you object if I slipped it into the special?
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

https://therealashow.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightDragoon Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:38 am

Okay, and no, I don't mind at all if it's used, SiLK.
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicPickleFairy Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:10 pm

What an amazing carving of a pumpkin! I can tell that it took time to carve, it's very good!
MagicPickleFairy
MagicPickleFairy

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightDragoon Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:19 pm

Thanks. I actually kept working on it a lot longer than my uncle did with his, and I used a small knife that similar to what carpenters use to trace out the actual design after I got the stencil drawn (I didn't have a working printer DX).
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightDragoon Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Okay, I know I'm doing a double post (along with necroing), but seeing as though I didn't update my fanart section for a long time, I decided to get back to work on something productive. So, after a very long hiatus from this forum in general, I finally got around to adding my latest project onto here. Some opinions on it thus far and suggestions on what to add to it-or change on it-is highly appreciated.
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:20 pm

So what kind of a picture are You thinking about giving us today? Do you have a Link? Smile
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightDragoon Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm just currently working on a fanart piece for the series (and for the upcoming anniversary of NID, which is July 2nd) involving Reala. The only link for it, currently, is the WIP link, since I only gotten part of it sketched out. As I said in the first post (where the link is located), I am doing a double check on things (and, hopefully, get some sort of ideas as to what to do for the background) before I go ahead and add in a background, ink the image, and finalize the artwork.
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Took a While to Find it. But I finally saw the WIP. That's a Good Reala Drawing. Since I did a NiGHTS drawing for Silk's birthday. I'll Do a Reala Drawing next. It will Be My first time Drawing Him/Her. I hope to pull it off. Smile
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightDragoon Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks, and good luck on your Reala drawing, DR.

Okay, I kind of have another idea for a fanart/comic project for the show that randomly crossed my mind. I was wondering if I could do a mini-comic of sorts involving a crossover with the TRS series and another series. I'm not sure about the concept or even a title yet, but if it were to be initialized, I may need some ideas as to what to do for certain crossovers (like, for example purpose only, if I were to do a TRS crossover with the Vocaloid series (I know Vocaloid isn't a series itself, but just bear with me), I would have to figure out how each character (from the series(es?) involved) would react in certain situations and try to still make it hilarious/enjoyable for people). In other words, it's probably be based upon fan-input. Plus it may take me a while to get each one done, so if I haven't updated the series in a while, it's probably because I'm too busy.
Of course, it's only a proposal idea for now, so it depends upon if the TRS Cast would allow this to happen. Again, I'm just seeing about people's opinions about this concept and I'm not trying to act rude or try to steal the show in any way.

Edit: Updated the NID Anniversary pic. This is pretty late, and I apologize for that. I had loads of stuff to do so I couldn't get to the image until way later.
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightDragoon Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:51 pm

I apologize for doing this double-post, but I just wanted to let you guys know that the final image for the one Reala fanart is done (to be a bit more precise, it was done and added on here on July 26th).
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  TRS Reala Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Bah, it's your thread. In your personal art thread, it is assumed that you will make a new post for each update. Just like how we castmembers make a new post each time we update our journals.
You might want to start adding your art links to the latest post, rather than stretching the first out.

Hm... too many muscle bulges. The upper arm is fine, but the forearm should not have those bulges. They're too long and the body shape isn't quite right, but not bad overall...

Yes, overall it isn't bad at all...
TRS Reala
TRS Reala
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:24 pm

I Like the Fanart, Dragoon. Smile But Where is Reala suppose to be in Your fanart?
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightDragoon Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:56 pm

He's supposed to be floating somewhere within his bossmaren level. The angle is a little off on the artwork.
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  TRS Reala Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Clearly.
The fact that I made no comment on the setting is proof enough that it was evident where I was supposed to be...
TRS Reala
TRS Reala
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightDragoon Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:11 am

Okay, I'm re-starting my work on the sketches I am doing involving SiLK. I almost had the first one done, which was a background-less picture of SiLK and the rest of the TRS cast, but due to much 3/4 perspective failure on my sketch of SiLK, I had to redo the entire thing. I have yet to work on the scene that was suggested, and I'll post the WIPs later on.
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightDragoon Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:34 pm

Okay, I had gotten SiLK drawn in to the BG-less image. Please tell me what you guys think so far before I start adding in others in the cast. Of course, the image is drawn in an anime/manga-esque style since it is my preferred style of drawing. (I also had to re-sharpen the image in Photobucket since the image was blurry, so it might look a little weird)
Oh, yeah, before I forget, I did a few sketches of various characters from games in 3/4 view beforehand, so my 3/4 view sketching is a little bit better than when I first attempted to do this. Also, SiLK is moving in this image, so there's a slight angle in her right leg.
First WIP

Last edited by MidnightDragoon on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more recent WIP)
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:23 pm

Silk Looks adorable in Your WIP. Keep up the good work. Very Happy
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightDragoon Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:28 am

Okay, I accidentally forgot to draw SiLK's eyebrows, so I've gone back in and added them as well as added NiGHTS, Reala, and Jackle into the image. It's really challenging to draw Nightmaren that small.
Current WIP
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 pm

I do have blond eyebrows that aren't as visible as darker hair would be, so that's an easy enough mistake Smile
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

https://therealashow.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightDragoon Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:18 pm

Ah, I see, SiLK. I was wondering, though, if I should add in the others or go in to start the inking process.
MidnightDragoon
MidnightDragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next