The Reala Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonic has company.

5 posters

Go down

Sonic has company. Empty Sonic has company.

Post  Spynmaster Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:41 pm

I was checking out the Sonic wikia when I found this in Comics: http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_%26_Mega_Man:_When_Worlds_Collide

I think it's safe to say that this has the potential of being quite interesting.
Spynmaster
Spynmaster

Back to top Go down

Sonic has company. Empty Re: Sonic has company.

Post  Cornsilk Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Wait, this has no replies?
I think it's a very interesting crossover, and I'm curious to see how that would work.

I wonder if there's any fanfiction about this yet... XD
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

https://therealashow.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TWiLiGHT Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Wow, I wonder how this will turn out...
TWiLiGHT
TWiLiGHT

Back to top Go down

Post  Spynmaster Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:18 pm

The way I see it, it could only result in an epic collaboration with Eggman & Dr. Wily. Both of their creations proved to be powerful(Metal Sonic & Bass/Forte), so what would happen if they combined their efforts?
Spynmaster
Spynmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:19 pm

That is a good point, Spyn. I'm actually pretty excited about the idea. Very Happy
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spynmaster Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:33 pm

I've had this thought for some time now...

What if they did a Mecha NiGHTS? Or Mecha Reala?
Spynmaster
Spynmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  TWiLiGHT Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:04 pm

It doesn't seem likely, though, since this is a crossover of Sonic and Mega Man.

And seeing how poorly they did on the NiGHTS comics before...
TWiLiGHT
TWiLiGHT

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:23 pm

Like Twilight said, it wouldn't make sense to bring in characters from other series.
I've seen fanart of what Mecha NiGHTS and Reala would look like, though. In fact, I recall a fic where Robotnik/Eggman was contacted by Wizeman and built them.

The NiGHTS comics failed because Archie wasn't familiar with the game. Megaman and Sonic are two well known series and both have had their own comics, so everyone knows who they are, what they look like, and how they act more or less.

I say give it a chance and try to hold and criticism until after we've seen the result. Smile
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TTS Tahu and blackdemon Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:21 pm

First Death Battle with the Eggman vs Dr. Wily battle and now this comic. Kind of cool actually just a shame we in the UK don't get Archie Sonic comics (I don't think so at least there's no comic stores near where I live so I can't check)

Also the only way this comic would be better if it was Mario instead of Megaman you know that this is every Nintendo and SEGA's fan dream to see these two in something other then a crossover olympic game.
TTS Tahu and blackdemon
TTS Tahu and blackdemon

Back to top Go down

Post  TWiLiGHT Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:33 pm

I think its better this way. The whole Sonic and Mario stuff has been overdone, and I don't just mean by the Olympic stuff. There are 224 fanfics on fanfiction.net alone that are crossovers. There are thousands (maybe millions) of pictures featuring the two, and when I googled their names together, I got about 70,300,000 results. Plus, the Olympic stuff isn't the only thing they were in together. They were in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
TWiLiGHT
TWiLiGHT

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:34 pm

I have to agree with Twilight there, plus it's just too obvious to match Sonic against Mario.

Hey, if anyone overseas wants the comic, I'd be happy to grab a few issues when I see them and mail them over. Maybe we could swap comics, do they sell old Sonic the Comic issues? I've always wanted to have some. Smile
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TTS Tahu and blackdemon Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:07 pm

I guess so but I know a character that should be featured in the Archie comics Emerl the Gizoid or at least Gemerl (which is Emerl's reincarnated body) he's my favorite Robot character next to Omega.

Also am I the only one who thinks Ken Penders is taking the whole not wanting his characters being used too far. I mean he's making Archie comics slowly remove all characters he created or owns that's like nearly all of Knuckles tribe including Julie-Su
TTS Tahu and blackdemon
TTS Tahu and blackdemon

Back to top Go down

Post  TRS Reala Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:52 am

There is a reason why Ken Penders is not greatly respected, TTS...

Not that his creations have much to do with the comic issue in question...
TRS Reala
TRS Reala
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TTS Tahu and blackdemon Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 pm

It's not that they didn't have much to do with the current arc it's the fact that this wasn't the original plan for issue 244. I think this was the settlement that Archie had with Penders which was writing off his characters and removing them from the stories altogether.

Another thing is when SEGA introduced Shade the Echidna, Penders sued SEGA because she was based off of Julie-Su
TTS Tahu and blackdemon
TTS Tahu and blackdemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Spynmaster Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:42 am

Why was this Penders guy even allowed to influence the decision of the near-removal of an entire already-hardly-seen race? I don't even see echidnas that much in the Sonicverse short of Knuckles & Julie-Su.

And whining that Shade looks like Julie-Su, which she doesn't, 'cause I saw her character in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, is just....broken. For lack of a more colorful & vulgar word... Obviously, anyone who's even seen these two in action know the difference. The first would be obvious: DIFFERENT CLANS!!! *huff*

It's just irritating when someone runs their mouth and forces a well-known & liked source of entertainment to become not productive.

Off-topic for a sec, I would like to see more adventures involving the leading of one of my favorites: Amy Rose. I say she's overdue for a game starring our pink lady...preferably an Action RPG. Don't believe me? http://vgboxart.com/boxes/Wii/15847-the-girls-of-sonic-full.png Yeah, it involves multiple Sonic ladies, but you get the idea.
Spynmaster
Spynmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  TTS Tahu and blackdemon Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm

No Spyn it wasn't cause Shade looked like Julie-Su it was cause she was based off of her. Here this is from the trivia on her Sonic News Network page about it:
Shade has many similarities to the Archie character, Julie-Su: they're both female echidnas, both use technology to fight, both defectors of a villainous legion of the last echidnas (Dark Legion and Nocturnus Tribe), etc. Perhaps in a nod to this, an enslaved version of Julie-Su from an alternate future in the comics known as Prelate-JS heavily resembled Shade in her full body armor, being black in color with glowing pink/purple highlights and eyes.

Also your idea on a game about the Sonic girls I agree with.
TTS Tahu and blackdemon
TTS Tahu and blackdemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Spynmaster Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:20 pm

So they look similar. This is not the first such character comparison. The point is they come from different backgrounds & worlds, even despite them both being tech-heavy. Even their technology has some differences. I just don't buy that either one of them's so similar that either one of them had to be cut. Speaking of their tech, I wonder what'll happen when Eggman & Wily have both techs to use?

Sonic Battle & Sonic Chronicles really inspired the hope to have Amy play her own Action RPG, with a little help from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
Spynmaster
Spynmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down