The Reala Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garfield Franchise

5 posters

Go down

Garfield Franchise Empty Garfield Franchise

Post  TTS Tahu and blackdemon Mon May 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Who here as seen the old Garfield series as well the newer CGI series? Which do you think is better?

Me I like both series and enjoy them both as each has a unique cast. Although The Garfield show is a bit more ahead as it has more exclusive characters to the show that don't appear in the comic strips such as Vito and Harvey.

Last edited by TTS Tahu and blackdemon on Fri May 18, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Topic is about all the Garfield franchise now)
TTS Tahu and blackdemon
TTS Tahu and blackdemon

Back to top Go down

Garfield Franchise Empty Re: Garfield Franchise

Post  Cornsilk Mon May 07, 2012 4:02 pm

I've seen a few episodes of the CG series. I don't enjoy it as much as the flat animation, but the writers are pretty good. It seems to stay true to the characters.

I definitely likes Garfield and Friends a lot more, but I watched that for years so i may be biased. Smile
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

https://therealashow.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TTS Tahu and blackdemon Tue May 08, 2012 4:29 am

I admit Garfield and Friends is good but I have to side with The Garfield Show more as it at least uses Arlene in the show more then Garfield and Friends did.
TTS Tahu and blackdemon
TTS Tahu and blackdemon

Back to top Go down

Post  TRS NiGHTS Tue May 08, 2012 9:20 am

It does, yeah. But I think Arlene was never meant to be one of the main characters.
I read some of Silk's books of Garfield strips, and she never had a big role in any of them either. So in that aspect, Garfield and Friends was more accurate.
In fact, if i remember right, the show actually had short animated versions of some of the strips!

I do like her though, so I'm not complaining about seeing more of her.
TRS NiGHTS
TRS NiGHTS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TTS Tahu and blackdemon Tue May 08, 2012 10:12 am

She appeared throughout the 1980s strips but hardly appears in the strips, her last appearance being June 23rd 2011.

As for the shorts I liked them as well. My favorite being the one where Garfield was on the screen door. Do you ever get the feeling Jon knew Garfield was on there?
TTS Tahu and blackdemon
TTS Tahu and blackdemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse Tue May 08, 2012 11:47 am

Eclipse
Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Tue May 08, 2012 12:15 pm

With the Nightmaren around, I can relate to this one... XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J2VDWTJWEk
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TTS Tahu and blackdemon Tue May 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Yes I did Eclipse ^^

That was funny one too Silk.

I think this is something Reala would do if (s)he wanted NiGHTS or Jackle to not be around him I think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2g3NIACqnU
TTS Tahu and blackdemon
TTS Tahu and blackdemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Tue May 08, 2012 12:57 pm

XD
If only it were that easy! But since the Nightmaren aren't physical, they'd probably just fly right through the wall to get back in.
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TTS Tahu and blackdemon Tue May 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Guess your right but it might still be funny if it happened.
TTS Tahu and blackdemon
TTS Tahu and blackdemon

Back to top Go down

Post  TRS Reala Tue May 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Ahem... proof read before you click send, TTS. You meant "You're" and not "your" as you typed.

And come now, how is this related to the topic? Granted I'd obviously be able to outwit the fools into chasing their nonexistent tails for hours if I wished, but this thread is about a silly children's cartoon and not how witty I am.
TRS Reala
TRS Reala
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TTS Tahu and blackdemon Wed May 09, 2012 7:21 am

You are right Reala. So far the Garfiled show has 2 seasons done, one coming out this year and a 4th TBA (To Be Annouced) and it so far has done 104 episodes aired (with each season having 52 episodes each season) Garfield and Friends has seven seasons under it's belt and all together have done 121 epeisodes. Who thinks that The Garfield Show will last the length of seasons as Garfield and Friends?

I don't ask about if it will last as long in episodes as Season 3 is also getting 52 episodes (Althrough it has yet to air on YTV or Cartoon Network even through it premiered April 16th.)
TTS Tahu and blackdemon
TTS Tahu and blackdemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Wed May 09, 2012 10:02 am

The series has already lasted longer than I first expected, so anything is possible.
I doubt it'll make seven seasons, though XD
CG shows just don't seem as memorable to me.
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TTS Tahu and blackdemon Wed May 09, 2012 10:38 am

I think that' s cause they usually last only 2 seasons before ending so Garfield has manged to beat the stranded. Though I think it's cause the show is actually made by Garfield's creator Jim Davis.

(Sorry for the double post)

Who is your favorite voice actor for Garfield?
Scott Beach who voiced him in some of Garfield's early commercials (can't find any of them to show)
Lorenzo Music who voice Garfield for Garfield and Friends, 12 specials and in the Cartoon All-stars special (Ironically Garfield was the only character in it who didn't have permission from his creator to be used in it)
Bill Murray who voiced him in the live action films.
Frank Welker who currently voices Garfield in the Garfield Show and has for the Garfield comic strip land movies. (Also Frank voiced Bo, Booker and Shelden in the U.S Acres segments of Garfield and Friends)

Also I have changed the title of this to be a General Garfield topic

Edit: Lyman Odie's original owner returns in the Garfield Show in Season 3 episode Long Lost Lyman which is an hour long episode.

Last edited by TTS Tahu and blackdemon on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Character not seen in the comic strip for ages returning)
TTS Tahu and blackdemon
TTS Tahu and blackdemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum