The Reala Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reala's Contract

+10
Spynmaster
laylatheangelsprite
TRS Puffy
WilfreOfDarkness
NiGHTS and Sonic
Cornsilk
TRS NiGHTS
Musashi_HUmar
TRS Reala
MagicPickleFairy
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reala's Contract - Page 2 Empty Re: Reala's Contract

Post  TTS Tahu and blackdemon Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:02 am

Aye, it's true no matter what you do siblings will always fight.

Also the show allows Jackle not to be around Wizeman as well. I mean even he can't stand that voice I guess ^^
TTS Tahu and blackdemon
TTS Tahu and blackdemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:42 am

Hm, that's a little hard for some fans to swallow, TTS.

You see, only NiGHTS and Reala, as First Class Nightmaren, have their own free will.
All the boss class Nightmaren like Jackle, Gillwing, Puffy, and Clawz, are pretty much living puppets controlled by Wizeman.

Not that Wizeman is making Jackle move and talk in the show, but if you watch closely, you will see that the lesser Nightmaren aren't as well rounded as NiGHTS and Reala.
Jackle's obviously insane so not a good example, but even loudmouth Puffy relents as soon as Reala or NiGHTS disapproves.

Even though it isn't connected the the NiD universe or the show, Journey of Dreams demonstrates that very well.
I don't want to give a spoiler, but if you play, watch how Wizeman treats Donbalon after NiGHTS defeats them.
More specifically, watch how Donbalon behaves in the scene...
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

https://therealashow.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:30 am

That revelation certainly killed this discussion. I guess the people who like boss characters like Jackle, don't like being told that they're mindless puppets?

I'll get back on topic in a minute, I'm only wonder this: If Jackle, Puffy, and Clawz have no free will, how do they move around and talk on the show?

Maybe part of Reala's contract is sort of a babysitting job, to keep the bosses active?
Eclipse
Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:03 am

I don't know if they're mindless, Eclipse. It's just that the original game book stated that they were like puppets controlled by Wizeman.
In the game, they're very limited in what they can do. Gillwing can only fly in circles and roar. Jackle can only float backwards and throw cards until you get his mantle, then his only thought is to get it back.
Puffy only bounces in NiGHTS' general direction and tries to land on NiGHTS.

So they do act mindless in the games, but there must be some thought process going on. They've certainly proven that they can think on this forum anyway.
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

https://therealashow.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tier Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:20 am

The game system was very limited back then too, so I wonder how much mindlessness was intended, and how much was just an inability to program more behaviors into them?

Though with the Donbalon comment, it does seem that they can't do much without orders...
Maybe on TRS, the bosses have ongoing orders, like "Make Reala Look Good" or "Keep Silk's Closet Clean"
It's a thought anyway...
Tier
Tier

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:08 pm

Yes, But game limitations also have an upside to them. It causes the People playing the Game to use there Imaginations more to fill in the blanks.
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  TRS NiGHTS Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:27 pm

No one ever did guess what's in that contract.  Honestly, it's kind of worrying!  Silk asked me not to share details so I won't, but it's not all silly fun... Wizeman's a nasty character after all!
TRS NiGHTS
TRS NiGHTS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum