The Reala Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you tips to give for drawing NiGHTS & friends

4 posters

Go down

Do you tips to give for drawing NiGHTS & friends Empty Do you tips to give for drawing NiGHTS & friends

Post  NiGHTS and Sonic Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Hey I'm starting out on drawing NiGHTS and friends but I need some help. Do you have any tips to give me? I only draw by hand not with computer programs.
NiGHTS and Sonic
NiGHTS and Sonic

Back to top Go down

Do you tips to give for drawing NiGHTS & friends Empty Re: Do you tips to give for drawing NiGHTS & friends

Post  NiGHTS and Sonic Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:09 pm

hhmm maybe I should of posted this to the Fan Art section scratch Oh well Very Happy
NiGHTS and Sonic
NiGHTS and Sonic

Back to top Go down

Do you tips to give for drawing NiGHTS & friends Empty Re: Do you tips to give for drawing NiGHTS & friends

Post  Cornsilk Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:18 pm

This is in the right section, since it seems to be about the videogame NiGHTS, not TRS NiGHTS.

It's hard to explain, but NiGHTS' face is a circle.
Start at the top and make about 3/4 of a circle, that is the face. Then go to the starting point and continue that loop backwards. That forms the top of the horn. Then fill in the underside of the horn and close the circle, then draw in the widows peak (the pointy bit over the face) and draw in the second horn, which will be partially obscured by the head.
Then just add the eyes, mouth, and collar and 4 stripes on each horn, and you have a NiGHTS head.

That's how I do it, anyway.
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

https://therealashow.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NiGHTS and Sonic Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:45 pm

thank you for the help Very Happy
NiGHTS and Sonic
NiGHTS and Sonic

Back to top Go down

Post  SonicS29 Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Just as SiLK said in her post, it's always helpful to start picturing NiGHTS's face as a circle when you draw. Since NiGHTS has no chin or neck area, the face is just a continuous curve, so keeping that in mind when you draw is a good thing to remember.

Now as for NiGHTS and Reala's heads...
When drawing NiGHTS's horns, the tip of the point that comes down over the face stretches all the way down to the bottom of the eyes...or in other words, it ends right along the bottom of the eyes. As for the horns, the length of NiGHTS's horns goes about shoulder-length, and are nice and smooth all the way through, unlike Reala's which are a bit more jagged and pointy-er.
And an extra thing to keep in mind is NiGHTS's lovely eyelashes. Now with how long you wanna make those is completely up to you, but just make sure they don't distract away from the eye. ;3

As for Reala~..
Reala's horns are a lot more "menacing" in appearance. Unlike the smooth curve downward and soft look NiGHTS's horns have, Reala's tend to bend in a sharp fassion as the horn travels down. There's about four black stripes per horn, and the length of the horn extends just a little farther then NiGHTS's would.
As for the black border that lines his face, It's important to remeber that, keepin' with that menacing look and all, the border has sharp points where it bends. The shape of it all can kind of be thought of as a "wicked looking 'M'" if that helps at all.
Reala's eye has a thin black streak across it as we all most likely know, but unlinke NiGHTS, Reala doesn't have as noticeable lashes, so what you do is use dark lines when outlineing and tracing over the eye, to avoid having to contimplate how to make eyelashes look scary.

Those are just a few things I try to keep in mind as I draw...hope they help somewhat.
SonicS29
SonicS29

Back to top Go down

Post  TRS Reala Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:12 pm

This topic is a victim of Spring Cleaning, and has been locked and sent to the Void.

If you wish to revive this topic, simply send a PM to Silk.
TRS Reala
TRS Reala
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum