The Reala Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's been forever! How's everyone been + life updates

Go down

It's been forever! How's everyone been + life updates Empty It's been forever! How's everyone been + life updates

Post  midone Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:33 pm

Not that my password was hard to remember (should probably change it) but I can't believe I was able to log back into these forums after what, 7 years? Time flies! I thought I'd start a thread to see how everyone's doing and share what's been going on (and if any other long-time users feel like doing so, maybe share their own accomplishments since then and generally hang out again).

First things first; I'm 19 now (feel both younger and older, somehow) and for the most part, I've dropped "midone" as an identifier; I use a variety of things, but I've shortened my old moniker to Mido as a proper name with friends online (feel free to use that title if you want!).

Not too long after my last post on here (I think 2016-ish?) I actually had my first boyfriend, which was fun! It was long distance, and didn't last very long due to personal life issues at the time, but we broke up amicably. I feel like I've grown from that, but I'm working on caring for me first before I try dating again.

Then, around 2019ish, I started getting more into music production: Just tonight, I finished up an album of Sega 32x inspired tracks; 13 songs totaling nearly 30 minutes, the longest album I've done (I plan to release it on Bandcamp by the end of the month)! For my musical works, I've been operating under the alias "funkyzukin," named after some old Dance Dance Revolution characters I liked.

I've been trying to get into it on and off, but back in October of this year, I decided to really push to become a voice actor, and I actually landed the role of Choji Akimichi in a fan-made Naruto audio drama (Naruto & The Missing Ninja II, if anyone's curious!) And there's a couple of other roles I landed that I'm waiting on scripts for, it's super exciting! I've even got a decent alias; Liam Melton! Maybe you'll hear me in some SEGA-based fanworks some day (IMP would be fun to voice in, if possible!).

Just tonight, I set up a Twitter for funny things from 2000's Sonic Fandom works (been on a major nostalgia trip, part of why I came back here). Lastly, I've been trying to get more physically active, so I decided to start learning how to golf. I'm not good at it JUST yet, but some day I think I will be.

Well, that's pretty much it for now! If anyone does happen to see this, what have you all been up to?
(Oh, and to any and all relevant parties; I apologize for being a wild and moody little brat at 11/12/however old I was... I was not the greatest child, and I know it's been forever, but I still feel embarrassed about how I was at that age. My bad Embarassed )

Addendum: 1. I also started reading the British Sonic Comic, and I made a blog to talk about it... I'd link it, but I swear a fair amount, and I don't think CORNSiLK would exactly appreciate me linking to something like that openly, haha! 2. Yes, the boyfriend thing means I'm gay. I realized it in 2015, and have slowly been coming out to people I've known for some time.

Last edited by midone on Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remembered a couple extra details)
midone
midone

Back to top Go down