The Reala Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hunted and couldn't find a single forum here on fan Nightmaren

3 posters

Go down

I hunted and couldn't find a single forum here on fan Nightmaren Empty I hunted and couldn't find a single forum here on fan Nightmaren

Post  TheJackleShow Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:31 pm

So I have appeared to fix this issue. I propose a forum in which we display and discuss our fan Nightmaren (because let's be honest... we've all thought about designing one).

This could be anything from Boss Maren to fan thought First Levels to Third Levels like Shleep. Have fun!

I'll post some of my own once this little corner of the forum appears to be a little active. Let's enjoy being creative and spread the Nightmaren love!

Edit: I didn't think about this until morning, but I suppose you can just list details and then provide an image for said Nightmaren.

for ex:

Name: Van Casso
Type: Boss Maren (supposedly a bird like nightmaren, but his mouth is covered so we don't know for sure)
Ability: he throws paint at you while he is working on a painting.
how to defeat: If you attack the paint feathers, he'll run out of paint and, since you just "ruined his masterpiece", stomp his foot angrilly on the ground. This breaks the platform he's standing on and sends him falling into his own sea of paint
Second Battle: Van Casso is flying this time, but you defeat him by once again attacking his paint feathers. This time when you attack them, Van Casso will eventually lose his ability to fly and once more fall into the paint sea
(and right here is where I would provide the image link)

so there you have it! Have fun sharing your nightmaren!

Last edited by TheJackleShow on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Lack of Sleep made me forget things & I'm also a bit of a perfectionist)
TheJackleShow
TheJackleShow

TRS NiGHTS likes this post

Back to top Go down

I hunted and couldn't find a single forum here on fan Nightmaren Empty Re: I hunted and couldn't find a single forum here on fan Nightmaren

Post  Spynmaster Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Hey wow! What a great idea! Now I'm gonna dig up my fan maren.
Spynmaster
Spynmaster

Back to top Go down

I hunted and couldn't find a single forum here on fan Nightmaren Empty Re: I hunted and couldn't find a single forum here on fan Nightmaren

Post  TheJackleShow Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:21 pm

glad you like it! now then, as I promised, here's the image of Van Casso to go along with his bio:

http://drawingsdrawingseverywhere.tumblr.com/image/90681354713
TheJackleShow
TheJackleShow

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Great Fan Maren, TheJackleShow.
I have a Fan Maren, too. Unfortunately He doesn't any thing Physically distinguishing Except His Personality. He's a Gao & You can Find Pictures of Them all over the place.
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJackleShow Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Oh I think those are cool! I wish they made an appearance in J.O.D (if they did then I failed to find them then)
TheJackleShow
TheJackleShow

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:04 am

The Shleep Made it into the Half Sequel/Half Remake "NiGHTS: JOD". The Gao didn't make it. Crying or Very sad  It's a Shames, They were such Cute little Lion-like Nightmarens.  I love you 
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  Spynmaster Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:22 pm

dreamrevolution wrote:The Shleep Made it into the Half Sequel/Half Remake "NiGHTS: JOD". The Gao didn't make it. Crying or Very sad  It's a Shames, They were such Cute little Lion-like Nightmarens.  I love you 

Aww! Those Gao were awesome! They could generate electricity, kinda like Pikachu! But the Shleep...they just puff their gas/smoke/spores/whatever.
Spynmaster
Spynmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJackleShow Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:29 pm

They made their fluff fly off. That was so annoying during timed levels. (However they made cute Meepians so... I guess they're forgiven for now)
TheJackleShow
TheJackleShow

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:53 pm

I've always felt that the Shleep as well as the Hollows were over used in the Game. The other Minion Nightmarens Didn't get very much time to shine. The Gao's were given an average amount of appearances dispite being one of the Better Minion Marens compared to Hallows & Shleeps.

The Snips the other Minion Maren that I also Have a Fondness for only got to appear in one Level. The Frozen Bell. That's It. Elliot Got the Chance to interact with them while Claris got nothing to do with them.

I just because of this over usage of Shleeps & Hallows was one of the reasons I Made a Semi-Fan Maren out of a Gao, I guess.

I Named Him "Midnight". (*Yes, I Know. It's Not a very original Name*)
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJackleShow Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:07 pm

*clap clap clap*

Bravo on bringing the subject back full circle! I was hoping it would get back to the topic before SiLK had to get onto us. XD

do you suppose you could inform us on Midnight's personality?

(and PS, I suppose to make "him" a little more unique, you could make the end of his tail a different color than the other Gao or something. However Midnight is your character so feel free to do what you think is right. Smile )
TheJackleShow
TheJackleShow

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:51 pm

Well, He was a Replacement Fan Maren. He Replaced a lot I did for a bunch of old Fan Marens, Settings, & Plots I did, to Expand the World seen in the NID game. The US Version Didn't give very much so I filled in the Blanks on My own. once I got to know the Real Background & Story to the Game Via Websites Like NID.com Which had the original Japanese version of the story. the "Expanded Universe" I did, wasn't Needed anymore. So I started over from scratch.

Midnight The Gao doesn't Have Much in terms of visual uniqueness. Only In His Personality. He Has Free will, Can use Human speech, Gets into all sorts of craziness & wacky antics like Real animals. There's a kind of Charm, silliness, & fascination to the adventures that Animals have in their day to day lives. (*There's a REASON why, People love to Post stuff about animals on Youtube.*)

He's (*If We go By Human terms*) quite Young, An adolescent.

That's all there is To Midnight the Gao.
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJackleShow Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:13 am

Interesting! I suppose this gives me the opportunity to go into detail about Van Casso as well. Casso (his nickname) is the epitome of strange. As a painter, he constantly condones those who "can't see his vision." The only thing that makes him a danger is the fact that he can create momentary beings out of his paint. As in, if he painted a Gao for example, a Gao made of paint would jump off the page and go after you. (However as soon as these creatures are hit they splatter. Because of course why would Wiseman make a second wiseman, right? XD)

A real Hothead when interrupted. Hence why in his "boss battle" you defeat him by interrupting his painting enough times to make him break the platform he's on. In comparison to NiGHTS in size, we would say that he's bigger than Jackle but smaller than Wizeman.

So that being said, there is the funny idea I have where on occasion, should he run out of finger feathers to use as brushes, he may grab whatever poor nightmaren is within arms reach and use them as an extra brush (If I was actually able to design his boss battle, I think that would be a funny secret way to lose time. Basically him grabbing NiGHTS, using him as a brush, and you lose 5 seconds while NiGHTS tries to get all the paint off of his head XD).

Overall, he's an eccentric lone wolf of a character, and I wuvs him. I mean, he's practically a giant painting bird with temper problems. WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?!
TheJackleShow
TheJackleShow

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:55 am

Hmmm...... Makes Me wish there was a Fan Game or Hack of NID or JOD so We could see Your Fan Made Boss Battle come to life.  Smile 

dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJackleShow Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Personally, I'm hoping to bring it to life some day. maybe not a legitimate playable battle, but a short cluster of animations to show what it would look like if it existed.

(personally I just want to figure out how to draw him without his giant robe. I can't draw birds all that well so finally getting that out of the way would be fantabulous.)

at any rate, I suppose I'll begin to post other fan-marens as time goes on. (however Van Casso is one of my favorites.)

ALSO! I suppose this can also double as a fan-maren art section. if you just so happen to doodle your fan-maren, I bet we all would love to see it!
TheJackleShow
TheJackleShow

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Hmmm........ It's Been awhile since I have drawn Midnight the Gao. Neutral  Maybe I should get back to Drawing Him. Idea  That Way I could show Him to all of You.  Very Happy I love you 
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJackleShow Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Sounds great. I think in a day or so I'll be posting more Fan-maren myself.
TheJackleShow
TheJackleShow

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Gotten half way done with my work on Midnight the Gao. Since I haven't drawn Him in a bit, I'm gonna take a look at some official pics of the creatures & See How much I got right from Memory.
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJackleShow Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:30 pm

OK! so guys this forum topic appears to be slowly dying. do you suppose we could strike up a new conversation on here to help liven it up? Maybe something like: out of the fan-maren you EVER made, which one is/was your favorite?

yeah, let's go with that. List your favorite Fan-maren and tell us about them! geek 
TheJackleShow
TheJackleShow

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Sorry for the Lack of Progress on The art of My Fan Maren. I'm going to Be Moving soon & I need to Pack Up everything. It takes a lot of time & concentration to do.

I Don't Pick Favorites out of My own works, Fanmaren or otherwise. I don't want to limit Myself.

Besides, When I draw Maren I mostly draw NiGHTS. I love Drawing Him/Her. S/He's very Beautiful & Lovely. Like a work of art Him/Herself.
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down