The Reala Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream realm theories

+3
dreamrevolution
Cornsilk
Green Nights
7 posters

Go down

Dream  realm theories Empty Dream realm theories

Post  Green Nights Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:16 am

So guys lately i have been wondering is the dream realm a separate place from nightopia because ive noticed in journey of dreams you go into the dream world but then you enter nightopia which seems to be the dream of the dreamer "reflection of the visiters heart" meaning the dream realm and nightopia are 2 completely different places also wouldn't this mean there are places beyond the dream gate that exist in the dream world places other then nightopia.
Am i correct am i way off what do you guys think? Oh and Keep in mind unlike many of you i have only studied the story line for 4 months now its all relatively new to me.
Green Nights
Green Nights

Back to top Go down

Dream  realm theories Empty Re: Dream realm theories

Post  Cornsilk Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:18 am

That is an interesting thought, I'd love to hear what anyone else thinks about this!

Unfortunately though, this is not TRS related so does not belong in the TRS Theories section. I'll move it to Off Topic for you. Smile
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

https://therealashow.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:37 pm

I remember reading something from one of the older versions of Trippy's Nights into Dreams Website which translated the text of the Japanese Game Manual for "NiGHTS into Dreams" about How Nightopia & Nightmare are a part of something called the "Night Demention".

dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Nights Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:51 pm

So wouldn't this mean the "Night dimension" is a complete world of its own even if it can be influenced by a visiter like it was durring the final mission in Nights journey of Dreams Question 
Green Nights
Green Nights

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:13 pm

I remember how the writer of the Translation (I don't Know if it was Trippy or someone else) mentioned a theory about how "Maginaryworld" from "Sonic Shuffle" could also be inside the Night Demention.

The Writer Made it sound like the Night Demention was like a place without boundaries. Kinda Like How in outer space there are multiple universes, galaxies, suns, moons, planets, & stars inside of it & that there is no ending to it all.
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Nights Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Exactly that is what i mean but it also seems to have the ability to be changed by the visiter or manipulated another thing is im pretty sure the dream gate exists independently from the visiters influence and what i wonder is are there any other locations like this not necessarily other dream gates but other environments that exist independently in the "Night dimension"Question 
Green Nights
Green Nights

Back to top Go down

Post  midone Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:21 pm

Well, in the short lived comic, it shows that the "Dreamworld" has a barrier, which when ripped, allows access to the real world. this is what i'm going for. Tails Chao 
midone
midone

Back to top Go down

Post  Spynmaster Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:32 pm

I totally hear what you're all saying.

I've always wanted to write a roleplaying scenario where the real body lives its life in the real world, and then when the body sleeps, the soul is transferred to the dream body in the dreaming world.

My BFF Whirlwynd is making a comic about an alien presence that invades the dream world and affects the dreamers, thus augmenting them in reality, while a team of schoolgirls seek to neutralize this alien presence. It's called Three Pi Aces.
Spynmaster
Spynmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:38 am

These are all really interesting theories, and I'd love to hear more.
Does anyone have anything to add?

I always considered that there might be a different dream dimension for various species. Sonic and co get MaginaryWorld, while we humans have Nightopia.
And then there would be as yet unexplained worlds for animals or alien species, and so forth...

Though with Sonic Lost World's DLC where Sonic dreams about the Nightmaren (and no RoPuffnik this time), I'm questioning that.
So as was suggested earlier, Nightopia and MaginaryWorld could well be two worlds connected by the Night Dimension.
Speaking of RoPuffnik, my theory was weak when it was made, because Sonic appeared ion Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams, by dreaming himself into Nightopia and running all through the dreamscape before fighting the Puffy/Robotnik hybrid.

I always liked Ropuffnik, though. Just like with us, Sonic's dream thoughts apparently get jumbled and confused. So a Nightmaren gets an unexpected makeover. I wonder what Puffy thought of that? XD

Thoughts?
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamrevolution Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:39 am

I feel Puffy Her/Himself should be asked that. What was it like being the opposite Gender?

(While I understand that Marens don't have gender. Puffy still dose look Female.)

I wonder if the Puffy/Robotnik Fusion was the result of an attempt at Duelization?

Dose the Boss Maren have the Ability to Duelize like NiGHTS & Reala?

If it is. Dose it mean that there is more to the Marens classes than thought?

I mean, NiGHTS & Reala are top class maren & when they duelize with a dreamer. No Changes or fusions in appearances occur at all.
dreamrevolution
dreamrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  TRS Reala Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:24 am

Did you stop and read what you had typed before you posted it? I somehow doubt that you did...
You admit yourself that Puffy is genderless, so to go on and ask how Puffy feels about genderbending is ridiculous.
It's like going up to a vegan and saying "I know that you don't eat meat, but do you prefer beef or pork?"

And I can answer your dualizing question. No.
Dualizing is strictly a First Level ability. Only NiGHTS and I can do it.

You are confusing dreams with Nightmaren abilities. You've never had a dream where your subconscious blends two things together? It's very common.
"Ropuffnik" as you are all calling it, was a result of Sonic's confusion and trying to make sense of something alien to him.
Puffy attacked him and he automatically inserted his native threat in her place, resulting in a blending of Puffy and Robotnik, as he was still known at the time...
There was no dualizing and Puffy did not intend it. It was all a result of Sonic's subconscious.
TRS Reala
TRS Reala
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:50 am

Stated in Reala's typical obnoxious way, but (s)he makes good points.

Sonic's subconscious mind created "Ropuffnik" as dreams often do blend various things from our waking lives.
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spynmaster Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:33 am

Just remember, Reala-face. If you didn't have members like DR to "pick on", you would be bored pretty quickly, and we all know what happens when maren are bored, don't we, SiLK?

That said, Reala's explanation makes more sense. I've always wondered why Reala had those pointy things on his head.

However...there is the question of what Sonic saw when he took on the Sinister Six and Puffy made an appearance there...and Puffy was definitely Puffy...And while I'm at it, where'd those jewels she dropped come from?
Spynmaster
Spynmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:07 am

I wouldn't expect Sonic to see the same thing everytime he dreams, and Wizeman was involved so maybe his Nightmaren were able to retain their proper forms because of that?
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spynmaster Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:54 am

That's a good point, SiLK. And he did see NiGHTS as well.
Spynmaster
Spynmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornsilk Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:50 pm

True, but I wonder why NiGHTS didn't have a more active role? (Ignoring the fact that it's a Sonic game so naturally Sonic gets the main role)
Cornsilk
Cornsilk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tier Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:48 am

If that was Sonic's dream, then it makes sense that Sonic was the main character. Isn't everyone the star of their own dreams?
Tier
Tier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down